Sunday, May 28, 2006

For all you crazy kids with your skateboards and whatnot


Let's get something very clear. I am not cool now, I have never been cool, and I don't ever anticipate a time when I'll suddenly ascend the ladder of coolness. In my life, I have always either been a step behind the trend or I've missed it completely. Now at 30 years old, I don't really care about it anymore. That's why I don't really feel qualified to refer someone to a skateboarding website. I will, though, because that's what un-cool people do.

I found a great company called Freedom Skateboards. It's a ministry that, according to their website, 'exists to spread the Love and Good News of Jesus Christ. This is done by being a positive role model to skaters, by meeting the needs of hurting people, and by teaming up with churches and other organizations to reach the skateboarding and youth culture. Freedom's vision is to assist indivduals in finding freedom through Jesus Christ.'

It sounds like a great ministry. Enjoy!

-Shannon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like dude you're like 30?!?! That's like 210 in dog years!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

I'll be 31 next month. That's like almost 217 years...dude.