Friday, July 07, 2006

Joia Farmer


WIth Oddwalk Ministries (my other job), I get a chance to meet some fascinating people. A lot of them are parish and diocesan youth ministers and many of them are incredible teens. Some of them, however, are what we call Itinerant Ministers. These are people whose full-time job is to travel the country sharing their faith and their talent with young people. One of those itinerant ministers is a wonderful woman named Joia Farmer.

In the six years I've known Joia, I have found her to be an outstanding Christian witness, and a great singer. My wife and I are big fans of hers, and often listen to her first CD (released in 2003). Joia is coming out with a new CD this fall, and the songs I've heard sound great. You can listen to a few tracks by going to her My Space account.

Joia and her husband Brad (of Apex Ministries), have recently seen a significant growth in their family. They have a four year-old by named Jack, a four month-old named Caedmon, and they have recently adopted a little girl from China named Ava Therese FuBin Farmer.

While I know that you don't know Joia and her family, I would offer them to you as an excellent model of a Christian family. In addition to their tremendous talent, they are wonderful people and good friends to my wife and I.

Enjoy!

No comments: