Monday, June 12, 2006

Emily is Leaving the Hospital

This was posted today on Emily Schepers' website:

MONDAY, JUNE 12, 2006 07:18 AM, CDT
These past two weeks have been so crazy. One minute I am healthy and the next I need a whole new liver. I don't remember much of the surgery weekend but I do remember hearing how there were prayer services and people were always praying and thinking about me and I really appreciate it. It has definetly been a life changing experience but my one true hope is that everything will just go back to normal. I don't feel and different except for a little pain. I still like, look, and feel the same as I did before the surgery. I am so thankful and eternally grateful to the doctors and organ donor because without them I wouldn't get to see the age of 16!


All the nurses have been extremely wonderful. But let me tell you something. I am tired of them. I want to sleep all night. I don't want them to pop in and check on me anymore. That can be my mom and dads job. But, they are truely wonderful people.

I must be one of the luckiest people in the world to have friends that care this much about me. I think some of you guys are even more excited about me coming home as I myself have been. I hope we have a blast the rest of the summer and have as many parties as possible.

My dad comes from a family of 12 kids and my mom from a family of 8. We didn't have to worry about anything which you would not believe how much stress that took off. I may only have one brother but it seems like I have many close family. I am so grateful to have such a large and loving family to count on.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts, calls, prayer, and time. You really made my time in the hospital a lot easier. I appreciate all the website messages, e-mails, and cards. It was something I could look forward to reading everyday. This will be my last update to the website as I am ready to move on with my life. Thanks and see ya soon.

This is Bev, it looks like we will be released from the hospital some time today. We may even be able to come home by the end of the week. Thanks to all for the love, support, and prayers that we have received. We will see you in Jeff City!!

No comments: